Pages

Monday, November 25, 2019

Monday morning list

1- We got Mark back.  I missed that kid.  I'm glad he's home.  He had a good time and came home exhausted which is what you do from high school trips.  He changed his insulin pump and took a nap.

2- I started feeling sick on Friday and I was a super cranky teacher by the afternoon.  I went home and took a nap.  I had a slow-ish weekend with breaks and rests here and there and I feel ready to conquer.

3- I needed a slower weekend because things are ramping up.  One month from today is Christmas day!  Can someone set the clocks to move at half speed please?  I could use the time.

4- I'm watching the weather like it's my job.  We're expecting winter storms this week.  If we can just make it past Cedar City, I'll think we'll be in the clear.

5- Emma texted me some questions about our family member who helped settle New Haven.  (My girl's doing a little family history research?)  I didn't know about him when we lived there!  For a long time I thought Adam had the pilgrims and I had the pioneers.  I could have visited their graves!  I could have joined the DAR!  They're from the Jaynes side of the family and I love that Emma Jayne has New Haven in common with them.

6-Sunday afternoon/evening when Adam and Mark were both napping, I read an entire book.  I haven't read actual books since I don't know when.  It felt marvelous.  I read a Cynthia Voigt, YA novel called Building Blocks.   Then, when Adam woke up, I told him about it.

7- We didn't have our regular Sunday dinner because we were going to visit my grandma after getting Mark.  Turned out Grandma was busy and it was a perfect excuse to rest.  (Also, Braeden and Anna came to church with us so we still got to hug them.)

8- Speaking of books, we hung up some new pictures.  I got a poster picturing every Newbery until 2018.  I hung it by the shelf where I keep my collection of Newbery books (except for the ones I took to my classroom).



9- I am also really happy with this picture.  Adam and I were looking for a picture of Christ to hang in a prominent place. We have similar tastes and didn't want anything overly sentimental or contrived.  This picture felt perfect:


10- In a confluence of events, it's going to snow today I have traffic duty and recess duty.  There's a big rotation and somehow it all ended up on the same day for me.  I will try to be brave.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

Have you noticed that some Newbery books are just amazing while others leave you wondering how they made the list? I love your new painting of Christ!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails