Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Lucky duck

Yesterday before school started I saw an email that there were 20 ducks hidden around the school and if you found one you could take it to the office for a prize.

Then I promptly forgot about it.  

There was an assembly and my BYU teacher was being observed at a certain time so I had to switch everything around.  The day was a constant recalibration of what was happening, but some days are like that.

I prioritized read aloud time because Ramona.  We skipped science and abbreviated phonics and had math after lunch and it was all topsy turvy.  Also, the sun was shining and I was wearing my clogs so my soul was happy remembering my 4th grade clogs that were the pinnacle of fashion (at least 10 year old Thelma thought so and 50 year old Thelma concurs).

After school I was scrambling to get everything ready because I was leaving early to go to the dermatologist with Adam.  (We know how to have fun....)

I was scurrying to the office to ask a question and I ran into Bailey, a 5th grade teacher.  She handed me a rubber duck.  She said, "This is the 3rd one I've found."

In the office, I gave my duck to Matt and he gave me peanut m and ms which are my hands down favorite candy.

Just another Monday.  Topsy turvy, sunshine-y, productive and lucky.

Not a bad Monday at all.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails