Pages

Friday, July 6, 2007

Morning in the Garden

Mark: Is this crab grass?
Me: Yes.
Mark (using scissors, his favorite garden tool): Am I cutting it?
Me: Yes.
Mark: Does crab grass grow?
Me: Yes.
Mark: Did you know that crab grass is where we get seaweed?
Me: I didn’t know that.

Mark: I’m talking to my friend bee.
Mark: He’s looking for honey.
Mark: Can I talk to bees?
Me: Yeah, you can. Do they talk back?
Mark: Yes. But I can’t hear them. All they do is bee.

Mark: Do you hear that?
Me: No.
Mark: What is it?
Me: I don’t know.
Mark: It’s the sound of the flowers drinking.

Mark: Why do we even live in this house with such an old TV?
Me: I don’t know, Mark.
Mark: It’s not funny, Mom.
Me: I know, Mark. I’m not laughing.
Mark: You were.
Me: Sorry.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails