Pages

Friday, July 31, 2026

Grateful Friday

 I am grateful for a day to rest and recover.  I feel OK, just tired.  I was very tired yesterday.  I took a nap for over an hour when I got home from my infusion and I slept for about 10 hours last night.  It takes it out of me!

I am grateful to be on this end of things.  A year ago I was so stressed about the cancer thing while I was waiting for all the diagnostic pieces to fall into place.  Now I know what is happening and I try to just ignore the unknowns.  It's working.

I am grateful Adam is home and I am grateful that he and Mark both take such good care of me.  They tag teamed being my ride and sitting with me.  

I am grateful I am home.  It has been a good summer and a busy summer and it also feels good to just be home.  Yesterday, Dr. Chipman asked me how I was feeling about school about to start up.  I said, "I'm excited."

He said, "Really?  Most teachers I talk to dread school starting."

I can't speak for all teachers, but I always look forward to school starting.  I am well aware that it is not sunshine and roses every day.  There are some really hard days ahead like every school year.  I am grateful that I love my job though.  

Finally I am grateful that I'm going to lunch with Nola today.  With our comings and goings, I haven't talked to her for months and she lives across the cul-de-sac!  It is nice to have friends.

No comments: