Pages

Monday, April 14, 2008

Making Dreams Come True

Yesterday was dreary and today was quickly becoming drearier. I had horrible allergies. From across the world, Adam diagnosed that it’s because of the change in the weather. He says it always happens to me. Maybe. I guess the one who hears me whine the most would know. I drugged myself up like nobody’s business though and even put my head over a pot of steaming water. I feel better tonight. And my kids have a magical way of cheering me up. They, the ones who bring me the most anxiety, stress and irritation and they that take up most of my time, are also responsible for most of my happiness…especially when Adam’s away.

Tonight in his prayer, Mark was thankful for silverware “so we don’t get our hands all messy.”

In Family Home Evening, Emma had us re-enact the creation of the world. She spread out a blue blanket for the ocean and a green blanket for the land. She and Braeden (a.k.a. Adam and Eve) had blankets for togas and Mark was a monkey. He didn’t have a costume but he also didn’t need one to be a convincing monkey. As for me I flexed my thespian muscles and played a tree.

When I tucked Braeden into bed, he made sure I was going to wake him up tomorrow. He has the WASL test tomorrow and we have to leave the house at 8:00 (a shock to the home schooling system). I could probably count on one hand the number of times I’ve been up before him since he’s been out of a crib and can get himself up. I assured him I’d wake him up and he said, “Good, then I can say, ‘just 5 more minutes’”. Yes, you can say that. Whatever it takes to make your dreams come true.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails