Pages

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Dreary

Yesterday the temperature was 80 degrees here. That’s unusual and I was in heaven. The only thing that would have been better is if my boys hadn’t whined so much about “all the sun” and “it’s SO hot.” They run around in t-shirts and sandals and shorts (if I let them) all winter and turn into wilted wimps when the temperature rises. I love it though. I love the sunshine and the blue sky. We bought flowers even though there weren’t too many for sale yet and put them in the ground. Well, Adam put them in the ground. I “helped” by deciding where they should go then I sat on the porch and watched him work. I did bring him some lemonade though and since I am such an exceptional wife I also put lime slices in the lemonade. It was just that sort of delicious sunshine-y day.

Then today happened. It’s cool and rainy (again). My boys are happy in their t-shirts and I pulled out a cardigan. On top of all the weather non-bliss, we had to take Adam to the airport because he’s off to London. I don’t know if I have Seasonal Affected Disorder or the lesser known but equally depression inducing Adam’s in London Disorder.

I decided to cheer myself up by listing things that are GOOD about Adam being gone:

1. I may make pancakes for dinner later and I may not. We may have cereal.
2. Tomorrow I’m going to Blockbuster and rent the chickiest chick flick I can find to watch while he’s gone.
3. I can read a lot without Adam asking me if I’m STILL reading.
4. I can look forward to chatty emails from Adam. I love getting letters from him.
5. I will get more sleep. Adam’s a night owl and I’m not.

O.K. that’s all I can come up with. Now I’m MORE depressed because it’s such a brief list. The good news for me is that it’s a much shorter than normal trip for him. He’ll be back Thursday and after five days and three nights of being away (I know—the math doesn’t add up), he thinks he’s going to play in a church basketball game that night. He’s crazy but I love him.

And miss him.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails