Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Camp Wethehekawe: Day Two


Probably not our best day so far. We even got off to a shaky start with me obsessively finishing my book before doing anything else…and it had a depressing ending.

Then Braeden and I went to the gym…which may or may not have negated the effects of the piece of cake I had for breakfast.

After lunch our “camp” day got under way. Braeden and I went to Michael’s for supplies. Emma and Mark were lumps under blankets watching a movie, still in their pajamas, and didn’t want to be bothered. See I told you it wasn’t our best day.

Braeden and I selected the white t-shirts and the tie dye kit (we chose the “Moody Blues” color scheme) and headed back home to be creative…or messy. One of those two.

I covered the table and assembled the troops. We painted our pet rocks then tie dyed our shirts. There was a certain amount of waiting involved with both projects.

It got boring.



Then, since there was a camera on hand and my offspring can't resist a camera, it got silly.


My children love taking pictures of the inside of their mouths. Not sure why.

Then a little bit creepy.



The actual tie dying was a sloppy fun process.


The shirts are now in Ziploc bags and we’re waiting for them to be done so we can see how they turned out.


Then we turned our attention back to the pet rocks:



It turns out pet rocks are maybe not the medium we should pursue if we are looking for an art career.

My rock. It's supposed to be a turtle. It really doesn't look like one though.

Braeden's

Emma wondered if hers looked like it had chicken pox. Umm.....

Mark's. It has sunglasses because it "goes to the beach--all the time."

Besides artistic ability, they take patience for drying in between coats of paint and details added and Emma is the only one around here that has that. And she didn’t even have that much today.

Dry rock! Dry!

When we were done, the children scattered. I was left with the mess. When it’s clean up time, things transform to Camp Where the Heck ARE They. I was glad though. There had been enough paint flying around and I’d rather clean it up myself.

That was when the moody blues really set in though. Braeden and Emma were a little sulky because their neighborhood friends aren’t available to play with. I asked Mark to clean up his block structure from last night and he cried until he was sent to his room to recover out of earshot. “How would YOU like it if someone made you CLEAN UP the best block spaceship you’d ever made in your LIFE?” I don’t know. I guess I’d be equally desolate.

I’ll persevere with Camp Wethehekawe though. The show must go on. I’m sure tomorrow will be just fabulous!!!!

1 comment:

Susie said...

You were brave to attempt the painting. I don't like painting messes. Looks like you had fun though and the rocks are cute.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails