Pages

Friday, November 29, 2013

Books I read in November 2013

November was pathetic for reading.  Too busy to read = too busy...

I tried to read:


 Becoming Jane Eyre by Sheila Kohler *

I didn't finish it or really give it much of a chance.  Jane Eyre is one of my favorite books of all and this is a fictional, but based on truth, story about Charlotte Bronte.  It was depressing (of course it was depressing) and there was a lot of mention made about the gloomy weather and it was November in the Pacific Northwest.  So I needed something a little less gray.

So...




Beach Trees by Karen White ***

I liked this book a lot.  It's set in New Orleans and Biloxi, MS.  It was an intriguing story about a woman who is trying to help unravel family secrets about her dead friend's family.  That doesn't really describe it aptly but if you googled it you could find a more satisfactory synopsis.  I appreciated the way the author was able to depict the place.  I also thought the characters were interesting.






Cinder by Marissa Meyer **

I don't really like sci-fi or dystopia literature but I gave this one a try anyway.  My writing group friends recommended it and I like to read what the cool people are reading.  It was good enough that I made it to the end (which was sort of a cliff hanger) but yeah, I still don't like sci-fi or dystopia stuff all that much.  Emma would love this book so I'll have her read the subsequent ones to tell me what happens.

I'm just not that interested in cyborgs.  I guess I'll never be like the cool people...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails