Pages

Thursday, March 9, 2023

Here we go

I felt like a ping pong ball all day yesterday.  I went from situation to situation.  I said a lot of, "OK, I'll have to figure that out."

There was the pile left behind by the sub, that is a whole thing.

My iPad that I use in my document camera situation was completely dead and needed to be recharged before I could use it.

I had students demanding answers, "How many Lexia units do I still need?"

I had no idea.

I (guess what?) had a new student start yesterday who (guess what?) didn't speak any English.

My microphone wouldn't work and the computers were all shuffled.  One student's had a name tag on his computer and that student isn't even in my class and nothing made sense.

Everyone was either naughty or extra naughty or kind of naughty like they'd all returned from a birthday party where they had too much sugar.  I did my best to wrangle and contain.

Grades are due Friday.

I drove home in a snowstorm.

It was a lot for a girl who so recently was living a life of warmth and leisure on the Gulf Coast.

My students hugged me though.  They missed me.  I missed them.  Other third graders from other classes, who I don't even interact with on a regular basis said, "You're back!" and "How was your trip?" and "I went to California once."

Being a school teacher is always hard; it almost always feels worth it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails