Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Weather

Yesterday was Marianne's birthday.  It snowed the night she was born.  One of those anomaly weather stories.  My mom was in labor and my dad was out feeding cows--not knowing she was in labor.  He lost his wedding ring and was looking for it and my mom was convinced her baby would be born fatherless.

Snow on May 7!  Crazy!

Until this year.

It's been a wild week.  We've had snow and rain and lots of wind.

Adam, in the Midwest, had this weather report:


He hunkered down during the tornado sirens and they parked Hootie (the WGU van) in covered airport parking to save him from hail up to the size of half-dollars.

Weather.

But then, yesterday morning, this happened:


A visit from the balloon fairy!

Marianne's birthday seemed like as good a day as any for the occasion.



Correction:  Adam says my writing is like an Impressionist painting.  I'm not hyper focused on details, no one would accuse me of that.  My mom is a detail person.  She sent me a (loving) email correcting my story.  My dad lost his ring in January.  His vehicle broke down the night Marianne was born.  So I guess no snow on her birthday.  So now the record has been righted.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

Did you find out where the balloons came from?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails