Pages

Monday, May 6, 2024

Weekend

 With Adam being gone, the best part of my weekend was hanging out with our kids (including telephone conversations with Braeden).  

Saturday Mark and I went grocery shopping (our relationship has evolved sufficiently that we can peacefully grocery shop together).  He came over and did several chores around the house, including washing windows.  There were streaks on the window above the front door.  I went and found him on the deck where he was working on the deck box he was building us.  I asked him if he guaranteed his work because there were streaks.  He sighed and said, "OK, I was afraid of that.  I'll get a bigger ladder."

It's nice to have a kid around who can do stuff.

Especially when the kid who can do stuff needs money.

I helped him finish the deck box (nobly holding the lid in place while he attached the hinges).  I enjoyed spending the day with him.

We met Emma at MOD for dinner and then came to our house to watch Star Wars.  May the 4th be with you. There was discussion about which movie to watch and Mark was thinking about Episode I because it is its 25th anniversary but I said, "But then we have to watch Episode I." 

Mark thought that was a valid point.  

We ended up watching Episode IV: A New Hope.  It's a good movie and it's part of our boys' childhood just like John Wayne movies were part of my brothers' childhood.

I was exhausted afterward and we prayed together and I told them good night and don't wake me up.  I have no idea how long they stayed, but adult children are pretty great.

Especially adult children who know better than to wake you up.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails