Pages

Saturday, September 5, 2026

Grateful Friday

 A day late.  I forgot to hit publish yesterday....


 I am grateful Adam was home all week long!  Unusual and welcome.

I am grateful to be a teacher.  Yesterday one of my students told me, "You are funnier than my dad and my dad is hilarious."

(I don't think I am actually that funny, but I slay with eight-year-olds.)

I am grateful for my new class job, which is Siri.  Where has this been all my life?!?  One of them is Siri for the week.  When a student asks, "What do I do when I'm finished?" or "What are we doing?" or "What do I do now?" or another similarly maddening question like that when I have told them a million times, I refer them to Siri.

They ask the student who is Siri instead of me.  (And the student who is Siri pays good attention so they can answer the inane questions.) 

I am grateful for my friends at school.  I like everyone so much.  I am really and truly an introvert (I eat lunch alone in my classroom with the lights off if that tells you anything), but I really and truly love having friends.

I am grateful for a three day weekend and a family reunion.  We are going to Nevada and we have a weekend of food, folks and fun planned.  (Remember that McDonald's commercial?)  I am looking forward to seeing everyone and visiting and enjoying time together.  I am looking forward to the drive--love a road trip.

Some of my best friends are going through hard times.  They have ailing spouses or ailing selves or ailing parents.  I have friends who have suffered loss.  I pray for them and feel a little sad because I can't fix anything for them.  Me fixing anything isn't the point and I guess I am learning that.

I am grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and I am thankful for Him.  He is a fixer!  I am also thankful that I can pray.  I know through experience that it matters when people are praying for you.  You look back and think, "How did I do that?" and you know that a lot of prayers helped.

Yesterday, Maren stopped by the school and we were all so happy to see her!  She stopped me and asked, "How are you?"  I gave her a rundown and I thanked her for everything she did for me last fall.  She stepped in many times and taught my class when I was having a procedure.

We aren't left alone.

No comments: