Pages

Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's Day

I could write about all the things my mother has done for me...the sacrifices, the meals, the rides, the wedding, the baby quilts, etc. etc. etc. (an infinity of etc.)

My tribute to her is this (in no particular order and not nearly a comprehensive list), some things she taught me:

--you will never regret time spent with your children

--when your kids screw up, it is not the end of the world, but make them think it is the end of the world (I've been applying this one repeatedly lately...)

--send them with more money than you think they'll need

--don't let anyone treat you like a second class citizen

--fill your house with books

--when in doubt, say a prayer

--it's better to be overdressed than underdressed

--serving someone else will make you feel better

--live up to your responsibilities

--dress modestly

--if anyone, including her own children, deny her children's abilities, they will be soundly dismissed as ridiculous

--read to your kids

--how to make bread

--how to clean a bathroom

--how to deliver a sizzling lecture to offspring when needed

--how to advocate for myself

--go to the temple

--the best decade for music is he 60s (don't argue with her on this one)

--any job worth doing is worth doing well

--do not sob, sop the mess


aaaaaand.....

--maybe just one pancake (sorry, I couldn't resist)


As for my own Mother's Day, here's my pride and joy (most days).  Adam took the pictures for a gift for me but they weren't printed the right size so they'll print them again.  These they "autographed" for me.  I like these kids.






2 comments:

Mark Dahl said...

Thank you Thelma. I'm thankful to be your mom. Hope you are all having a great trip.

P.S. It's do not sob, mop the mess.

Olivia Cobian said...

Your post made me cry, and Cor's comment makes me laugh! No wonder I love my family so!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails