Yesterday Marianne called me and demanded, "What is going on with you?!?"
I hadn't blogged. I told her I was still on my trip. She said she wanted to make sure I wasn't "dead or depressed" since I wasn't blogging. (I said, "Surely there is another option.")
I texted her this morning that I couldn't get my log in on my computer to work, but with a little help from AI, I figured it out! I can't emphasize enough how monumental that is. Adam didn't come home last, but took a red-eye to Detroit and then Chicago for an important meeting and I wasn't about to bother him with my woes.
(My computer is still wonky, so I will have to bother him eventually.)
I'm home! It is nice to be home. Besides that one little turnaround day, I haven't been home for weeks. My plants are gasping for water and there is a lot to do, but also I am super tired, so blogging seemed like a good pursuit.
(Update, I also can't get any photos to work.)
I am singing the technology blues. My plants will benefit from me not being able to languish on my computer.
We had a very nice trip. It was a great mix of family time and enjoying the Pacific Northwest and seeing Adam shine in his work environment which I always love. I got to have lunch with Janet, but I don't know if we can call it just lunch, because we sat at the table for 5 hours. Our waitress came and told us that her shift was over and she was going home, but we could stay as long as we wanted. (I left her a good tip.)
I loved seeing Braeden and QE and witness him as such a good dad. A four-year-old out of her routine is not the easiest gig, but he handled it with panache (and truly, so did she). It was a delight to be around her. Geri and Braeden and I took a walk with the little queen. She bounced around narrating her imaginative pursuit of heffalumps and woozles. Then she found a stick, named it Sticky, and had a full conversation with it, providing the voice of Sticky.
I can't get enough of that girl.
We enjoyed the wedding and I loved seeing Jackson and Jenna so happy and I loved the beautiful setting. We went to Mukilteo Beach and Pike Place Market and really hit most of the highlights.
I will add pictures eventually. Maybe. Hopefully.
1 comment:
My life is complete. But I'm still looking forward to the pictures!
Post a Comment