Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Sickness and in health

 I truly just want to be a school teacher.  I want to go to school and come home and walk with Kim and make dinner and enjoy an evening with Adam and Mark.

Alas.

I had a sore throat Sunday and felt pretty rotten Monday and stayed home yesterday.  My cancer doctor wanted me to get checked so I went to the doctor and it was a fat waste of time.  They proclaimed it viral.

I talked to Olivia and we decided that if feeling sorry for yourself would help, it would be pretty great.  The doctor could prescribe x amount of time of self pity and then you'd be all better.

I don't like having a body that gets sick, it turns out.  I would completely nail a self pity cure.

At them same time that I feel so frustrated and woeful about my lack of perfect health, I know that I have much to be grateful for.

I should for sure come out in favor of life not being fair because I have a lot of blessings I did nothing to deserve.

I am grateful life isn't fair.

I'm glad Adam was home a little longer (he's leaving today for more travel, but when he returns, we'll be together and healthy? for a few days).  

I'm grateful we're sick now and not next week when we're going to California.

Mark took me to the doctor and showed me funny memes while we waited and is willing to do anything I need.

I talked on the phone with my dad and sisters and they gave me all the sympathy.

I am back at school today.  I will do my best to remain upright.

1 comment: