Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2008

What a Woman Wants

Happy Mother’s Day to my mom and mother-in-law and sisters and sisters-in-law and all my dear friends that love me enough to read my blog. I learn from all of you and your examples of good mothering and the good mothering you give to me.

Adam asked me what I wanted for Mother’s Day (mixing bowls) and what I wanted for breakfast (French toast). He rose above and beyond with a vase of pink tulips, which I adore. My children gave me nice cards and gifts and love.

As we were leaving for church…later than I wanted to be…I was running around in high heels turning off all of the upstairs lights and muttering under my breath that next year for Mother’s Day I want to be ON TIME. Next year I want my gift to be that I don’t have to remind and remind my children to hurry. Next year I want no complaints about how I comb their hair.

I’ve changed my mind though. I know what I really want for Mother’s Day.

There was an elder speaking in church today, prior to going on his mission. He started by bearing his testimony. Could there be a better Mother’s Day gift? Is there anything that beats righteous children? Surely not tulips and mixing bowls. Not French toast or chocolates or even smiling children singing “Mother I Love You” in sacrament meeting. I know what I really and truly want. So what am I doing about it? I waste too much time flitting around on less important pursuits. I need to have all my energies focused on the goal of my children someday bearing humble and sincere testimonies, going on missions, marrying in the temple, raising righteous children of their own.

So that’s what this woman wants for Mother’s Day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails