Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Feeling Blue

Last night we did the Hartman Color Code personality test. My sister Marianne was into it in college and Adam and I had taken it then. We were interested in retaking it and giving it to our kids. Because if you know what color you are, you really are equipped to succeed in life am I right?

It was very entertaining to take the test as a family. Some of our answers were very revealing. At one point I said out loud, “I don’t know, am I indecisive?” One of Emma’s answers was forgetful. She said, “Now which one was that again?”

We helped each other with the questions when we needed it. That was sometimes nice like when Braeden said, “Oh Mom, you’re definitely gentle,” but also sometimes brutally honest like when Adam said, “You’re absolutely more self-righteous than self-deprecating.” Thank you.

Here’s the personality overview in a nutshell:

Red
Core Motive: Power
Natural Talents: Leadership, vision

Blue
Core Motive: Intimacy
Natural Talents: Quality, service

White
Core Motive: Peace
Natural Talents: Clarity, tolerance

Yellow
Core Motive: Fun
Natural Talents: Enthusiasm, optimism


I am very blue on the scale. Each color comes with positive and negative character traits and I’m thinking (self-righteously) that I lean way more towards the positive side of things. Adam is pretty evenly each color. (Renaissance man show off.) As I read more about each color though. I think he’s white with the red tendencies of a first-born. Emma, who’s a lot like her dad is pretty even too. Braeden is a first-born red and Mark is unquestionably yellow. What difference does all of this make? Absolutely none but now we want to give the color test to our friends.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails