Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

Fudge

I love my mom's fudge with all my heart.  It's the best fudge the world over.  Maybe fudge is like stuffing and potato salad, you like best what you grew up with.  I don't know.  But I do know that this fudge is my soul food.

  
I make it early in December (without the nuts because my children don't like nuts...what is wrong with those people?) and keep it in the refrigerator and cut dainty little squares whenever I want.  Which is often.  It lasts until New Year's.  

The heart wants what the heart wants.

This year, I decided to make some variations on the recipe.

I added crushed candy canes to some:



Pistachios and dried cranberries to some:



Topped some fudge with sea salt:



And mixed in some peanut butter chips to other fudge:




Of course, I also left some smooth and unadorned:



Too much of a good thing can be wonderful.
Mae West

3 comments:

Marianne said...

So, how were the variations? Don't you think your readers would like to know?

Thelma said...

Marianne--they were all good. Of course they were. The main ingredient was FUDGE. I am partial to the sea salt or the peanut butter. Although I may prefer the candy cane or the pistachio and cranberry. The regular is still divine.

Never mind.

Jennifer said...

It was much safer for me to know I could only have this in your mom's kitchen. Knowing the recipe is right here, beckoning me? Yikes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails