Pages

Thursday, August 10, 2023

Somewhere over the rainbow

 My classroom is coming together!  I love it!  It's wonky and weird with fake walls and 70s vibes, but it's mine and it's cheerful.

(Our new principal, Matt, said he walked through the school. "You all have been keeping DI in business since 1977!"  He was not wrong.  We have a lot of old stuff.)

I refuse to let my rainbows be a political symbol.  I just like rainbows.





We sat in meetings for most of the day yesterday and I hate sitting all day.  We went around the room and introduced ourselves and Matt wanted us to tell two "life highlights."  A lot of people said their awesome/wonderful/amazing children were a highlight.  When it was my turn, I said my children were sometimes wonderful, but my granddaughter was always wonderful.

Two teachers are brand new mothers and they both got a little teary when they talked about their babies.  It made me so grateful that I was able to stay home with my (sometimes) wonderful children.

Mark and I pulled out the box of dishes that Braeden used in college.  We are adding a few things to the supplies.  Here's hoping Mark cooks more than Braeden did.  

Time just marches on.


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails