Pages

Thursday, August 3, 2023

Wow

 Yesterday was another school day.  We worked hard making plans and copies and moving furniture and all the things.  I took almost 12,000 steps and I think my Fitbit now recognizes that summer vacation is over.  I crossed exactly one thing off my list (because I decided not to do it right now).  I should have put all that other stuff on my list so I would have felt a sense of accomplishment.

In the late afternoon, we were working in our own classrooms and the sky got really dark and the wind blew and then it started to rain.  Really hard!  In the low spot outside my classroom, there was about 6 inches of water.  Miriam and I stared out the window, kind of shocked.  Miriam said she didn't think she'd ever seen so much rain.  I had.  (Connecticut.  Florida.)

Still.  It was a lot of rain for the high desert!

I started to think maybe I would just have to live at the school because I was not going out in that.

As it started to taper off a little (and become just a regular rainstorm), I saw a bunch of teenagers running around the playground in swimsuits.  When I left the school, I saw even more kids, in swimsuits, congregating at Bonneville Park.  They were so joyful and exultant running around in the rain in the middle of a hot summer that it made me feel joyful on their behalf.

We had had the same weather at our house.  Our full big garbage can was on its side (luckily nothing had scattered too much).  Our wheelbarrow was far across the lawn.  

A change is as good as a rest.  I was happy to see the storm clouds and happy around 6:00 when they moved on and blue sky returned.

This morning it is rainy again and all I have to say is, take that fire season.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

We've been getting rain, too, and I love it! I love how it saves me watering time, and how I could easily go out and weed, if I felt like it. Love you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails