Pages

Monday, August 14, 2023

Weekend

We had stake conference this weekend.  It was really great + it meant I hardly saw Adam all weekend except when we were sitting next to each other during stake conference. (So that was less great, but I'm grateful he serves so well.)

Emma went grocery shopping with me instead of Adam.  She's good company.

I talked to Braeden and Anna and QE and she is a little climber and about to give those kids a run for their money.  She'll look at the phone and say Nana and then walk away in complete disinterest.  I know who you are; I've got to be on the move.

I'm teaching Sunday School next week and being distracted by school has (almost) made me less nervous.


Paul, Paul, Paul.  I read verses like this in Romans and I don't even know.

Adam said that I should say in my Sunday School class:  So I know what this means.  What do you think it means?

And maybe I shouldn't blame Paul.  Maybe it is a translation issue.

I have back to school night today.  I'm looking forward to meeting my students.  I have a little bag of Starbursts for everyone with a note attached:  I am bursting with excitement to be your teacher!

And I am excited (maybe bursting is overselling it, but it went with the candy).  I'm going to let them choose their desks and it may only last five minutes on the first day of school (it depends), but we will start with that.

Every year back to school gets a little easier.  I know more what I'm doing and I know to expect the unexpected.

And also I love it.


3 comments:

Geri said...

Fingers crossed all students will be lovely.

Mark Dahl said...

Hope you have a great year.

Olivia Cobian said...

I would be bursting with excitement to be one of your lucky students!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails