Pages

Friday, January 12, 2024

Grateful Friday

I'm going back to school today.  I had a telemedicine appointment and got some antibiotics and some cough medicine.  I don't know if I really needed antibiotics and I'm pretty sure the doctor I talked to didn't know if I needed antibiotics because he could hardly hear me squeak out my end of the conversation.

He called me sweetie, which bugged me.

I think the antibiotics are actually helping though and I know the cough medicine helped.  I slept much better last night and I'm grateful for that!

Yesterday was Braeden's birthday.  Anna sent a video of QE saying he is the "best guy in the world."

Couldn't agree more.

I'm grateful for Braeden.  I'm grateful to be a mother.

I waited until Adam got home to talk to Braeden because my voice is so wonky.  Braeden said that besides on his mission, this is his first birthday that my grandma hasn't called him.

Mark said the same.

That fills me with gratitude and a little sadness too.  My 51st birthday will be the first one I don't hear from my grandma.  How lucky am I?  But I miss her.

I'm grateful for the snow we're getting.  It is beautiful and also needed.

We had planned to go to Nevada this weekend but between my health and the weather, we decided not to.  I'm sad about that, but also grateful for a quiet weekend at home.



2 comments:

Mark Dahl said...

I don't know how you heard from your grandma on your 50th birthday. She passed away in February. Silly Thelma. I'm sure it is your cold messing with you.

Olivia Cobian said...

Ah, this brought tears to my eyes. I hadn't thought yet about how I wouldn't be getting a Grandma Jaynes call on Monday. My last birthday (and probably every birthday except my mission one) I remember her singing to me. How wonderful is a grandmother's love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails