Pages

Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Report

I am home again.

Yesterday I had a plan.  I would rest for an amount of time and then do 30 minutes of work (I'm trying to reorganize our toy closet among other various projects). 

Adam said it was a bad plan.

He said, "You have to rest."

I don't like when he's bossy.  Or right.

After about ten minutes of me cleaning up the kitchen, I was exhausted.  I altered my plans.  I decided my only thing besides rest would be laundry.

I love reading.  I love sitting in my comfy chair and watching old episodes of TV shows (Northern Exposure for one) and doing my cross-stitch.

But enough is enough.

I am tired of being sick.

Which is the main reason why I decided to stay home again.  I just want to get better!

I made a good start on a new book. I did the Monday NYTimes crossword puzzle (much easier!) and this is my progress on my cross-stitch mini masterpiece:


It's from Seurat's Bathers at Ansieres. (I don't know how to make the accent mark over the e so pretend with me.)


I miss school.  Yesterday a second grade teacher sent an email to everyone wondering where the "good" paper cutter was.  She wrote a haiku.

Cuts stacks at a time
Handle slices through the air
Best, straight division


Matt answered with his own haiku.

It was a big mess
Being recycled, it's fate
A new one Thursday

I like where I work.  Adam and I went to my classroom yesterday evening so I could get everything ready for today.  He saw me looking around and he said, "Do you miss this?"

Yes.  

But going there was also exhausting.  I am taking the advice I would give anyone else.  I'm staying home.  Sigh.

1 comment:

Geri said...

Smart teacher. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails