Pages

Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Love

I love not having a Monday.  They are the hardest days at school.

I love the blue blue sky and the snow from the top of the mountains all the way to the edge of the street.

I love third graders.

I love going home to a quiet house after the unquiet of school.  I honestly don't know how mothers of young children can be schoolteachers.  I mean, they can, they do.  Just, my hat is off to you!

I love podcasts and novels and magazines and blogs.  I love words.

I love being a mother.

I love being a grandmother.

I love Adam.

I love this story a student told me yesterday.  We were somehow talking about blindness during our reading time.  A boy raised his hand and said his family went to a restaurant for burritos.  There was a woman there who was blind and had a guide dog.  He said his older brother helped her because she didn't speak Spanish and the guy at the restaurant didn't speak English.  He said, "The owner speaks English, but he wasn't there."

I struggled to teach that same older brother to read a few years ago.  

I love the reminder that there are a lot of different ways to be smart and even more to be kind.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails