Pages

Monday, July 29, 2013

Further proof

Saturday morning Mark was outside cutting up branches to put in the green barrel--it's where compost type stuff goes.  Mark loves nothing more than to have a pair of clippers in his hands so when I looked out the window, he had a smile on his face.  I could tell he was also thinking about something that made him happy.

I went out later to help him put all the clippings in the barrel and he said, "Mom, do you know what makes Dad such a good dad?"

I said, "What?"

He said, "He is interested, really interested, in what his kids are interested in."

Then he outlined all the ways his dad showed interest in his life.

I was happy that my--it must be said--fairly spoiled and self centered youngest child is so astute at the age of ten.  But really, my overwhelming thought was, I married really well.

When Adam and I walked around the BYU campus holding hands and he made me laugh and I thought I want this to be my life forever, I had no idea how smart I was being.

On Sunday, we will celebrate 18 years of marriage.  Eighteen years of me thinking I'm pretty smart.

Because I married him.


1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

Where have those 18 years gone? Congratulations. You were both very smart to tie the knot.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails