Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Here you go

Some of my family members here (my favorite ones) have been telling me that they are missing reading my blog.  Also my mom got wireless internet so here I am.

We are in Nevada and the living is easy.

I've even recovered from our initial leg of the journey.  We traveled late into the night on Friday, arriving in Boise at 2:00 AM.

I was lamenting how late we'd be and Braeden said, "Mom, humans are at their best under extreme conditions."

So we were at our best, hurtling through the night toward our Boise hotel. 

The next morning I was less than my best.  Cranky.  Adam pointed out that everyone else was tired as I was.

In other words, buck up, buttercup.  So I tried to.

Saturday we got to Salt Lake.  We got to our hotel and got the boys' clothes ironed and looking spiffy.  Adam and the boys went to the Priesthood Session of General Conference, or Mormon Con 2014 as some of Braeden's friends called it.

They loved it. 

Meanwhile, Emma and I went to my grandma's house and we also loved that.  Visiting my grandma always makes me happy.  She gave us candy and coconut cream pie like grandmas will do.  We discussed curtain options for her bedroom and caught up on each other's news.  I can't describe how much I love my grandma.  I wish I lived by her and could visit her more often. 

Tabor joined us there, opting for sister visiting rather than conference attending.  (He'd watch it later.)  From there he followed me and we went to pick up the menfolk at the light rail station.  At one point I called Tabor and told him to turn on his lights in his truck, since it was, you know, dark.  At another point I drove into the bus only entrance of the light rail station and he followed right behind me.  I felt like maybe I'm a bad driver but I'm in good company.

We had dinner at a restaurant and Tabor handed me his cup and said, "Hey, fill this up for me?"  I hopped out of my chair and was refilling his Dr. Pepper and halfway through I thought, Why am I doing this?

It's because Tabor looks like my dad and it didn't even occur to me to do anything differently. 

I was talking to Adam about it later and he said that if he had said that to me, I would have said, "Are your legs broken?"

Probably true.  I don't know what it is with my brothers.

Braeden and I rode back to the hotel with Tabor, and Adam drove the rest of our kids.  While changing lanes on the freeway, Tabor said, "This might be a bad time to tell you that I have no depth perception." 

Um.  Yeah.

(It's what happens when you are a cowboy and break your face and it heals but your eyes are never the same.)

Emma and Mark went to sleep and the rest of us sat in the lobby of our hotel and talked to Tabor.  There is no one anywhere that makes me laugh like Tabor does.  He is more entertaining than the 50 funniest people I know.  I finally made him leave though because I had. To. Sleep.  Also, I was concerned about him driving back to his hotel in Ogden with his no depth perception if he was sleepy.

Before he left, I snapped a picture of Tabor standing next to Braeden.  Last week at play practice, the costume mistress was complaining about the freaky proportions that Braeden has--the long legs and arms.)  He texted this picture to his director and said, "See? I'm not a freak.  This isn't even my tallest uncle."


Next to Tabor, Braeden--along with the rest of the world--looks positively short and stubby.

I surely love Tabor. I didn't do half bad in the brother department.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails