Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Nephews

They are just a delight.

I love that Hyrum reads my blog.  He commented that he would rather have fudge than go Christmas caroling.  It made me smile.  (When Clarissa was over on Sunday, someone came to the door and I told her if it was someone caroling, she would have to go to the door.  She said, with characteristic Clarissa enthusiasm, "I love carolers!")

This isn't about Clarissa though.

It's about my nephews.

When Hyrum was here last week he tuned our little guitar--Azure is the main one who plays it lately--and sat and played it.  Just strummed away.  I love talented people that share.

I had a shirt Mark had outgrown.  (It used to be Leif's so it was hard to part with.)  I gave it to Morgan though, who is smaller than Mark.  He took the shirt and solemnly hugged me.  In the dictionary, under sweet, there's a little picture of Morgan.

And then there's Luke.  Because he and Isaiah are Enoch's sons, they're into basketball.  They are both really good at it which is probably in part because they inherited athletic ability from Enoch, he is a good coach and has taught them, and they watch a lot of basketball games.

Enoch coaches his kids' teams and the girls' high school team and who knows what else.

Lately Luke has been commandeering his mom's phone during games and then he texts me.  It's been a highlight of my life.

He is great at play by play textcasting.  (Yeah, I made that word up.)



Here's where I was doing my aunt duty.


Incidentally, Luke got a milkshake after the game...

I just included this one because Luke told me he loved me.  It's not every day an eight year old boy does that.  I love him too.


Being an aunt.  Not a bad gig.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Luke loved this post. If he had his way, he would give you a play by play of his whole life. You're a wonderful aunt.

Olivia Cobian said...

I've never received a text message from Luke. What's up with that?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails