Pages

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

I know what you're wondering

But how are your plants doing?

(Maybe you weren't wondering.)

Mostly all is well on the plant front.  I have a few plants that need to be repotted and that's always good news because it means growth has happened.

I have a few exceptions.

There's Bob.  Emma left him in my care and I don't have a lot of confidence.  Even if by some miracle he starts sprouting chia hair, he will have some weird bald swaths (and "hair" growing out of his collar).



Emma said if it doesn't work, she'll start over when she's home for the summer.

There's Travion.  I've started calling him Jacob 5.  What more could I have done for my vineyard?   Adam, who seems to be the lord of the vineyard, keeps telling me to just get on with it and throw him away.  I am the servant and I keep pruning and digging about and moving to a new part of the vineyard.  I have moved him seven times and he's down to just a few leaves.



I mist him every day (every day that I remember) with distilled water and speak encouraging words to him.

Speaking of distilled water, that's all Felicia gets.  She's finicky and spoiled.  I've moved her to a spot she likes and she has stopped dropping leaves.



It might be too sunny in the summer but for now, she's happy.

I just need to keep Adam in check.  One night he was flying the drone the boys got for Christmas and got a little close to Felicia and chopped up one of her pretty leaves.  I was walking down the stairs and he was on the floor gathering shreds of Felicia.  "Thelma," he said, "I have to tell you something."

I forgave him and turned the devastated leaf toward the wall.  I told our boys that it's really important to be the kind of husband that when you chop up a leaf of her fiddle leaf fig, your wife will love you anyway.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails