Pages

Monday, May 7, 2018

Icing on the cake

I loved Women's Conference, you know that.  But then Friday afternoon, Marianne and I, after sitting awhile in the sun and just talking about all the things like we do, joined the class where our mom and Olivia were.  We found seats and looked to the right and there were Wendy and Rachel and Heather and Toni!

When Marianne was a freshman at BYU, Wendy was her next door neighbor and fast friend.

When I was a freshman at BYU, Rachel, Wendy's younger sister, was my next door neighbor (I know!  What are the chances!)and fast friend.

By then, our older sisters had an apartment off campus so we were a commingled sister group.

Erin and I used to keep our door ajar so Rachel could come in whenever she wanted.  She would answer our phone, "Hello, Allure speaking."  (She claims to not remember doing that, but I promise she did.)

Rachel is one of my favorites.

For the rest of college, Rachel and I were roommates and when our older sisters returned from missions we were all together.  One summer term Olivia lived with us too.

It was straight up amazing that we ran into each other and such a happy reunion.

I skipped the next session to sit and chat with Rachel and Wendy and we all sat together during the closing session.

Friends that are like family are one of life's greatest pleasures.  I've seen Rachel a handful of times over the years but I haven't seen Wendy for probably 20 years and it was like no time had passed (except for our darn kids who are old enough that we can't pretend we haven't aged a bit).

The Jones girls (none of them are Jones anymore) and the Dahl girls (none of us are Dahls anymore) posed for a picture:

Wendy, Marianne, Rachel, me, Heather, Olivia and Toni

I am hoping for a reunion this summer with Erin and Rachel and Robbie.  There's nothing quite like getting the gang back together.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great time! Thanks for being you! I look forward to seeing you again.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails