Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

Disneyland

Before we headed to Anaheim yesterday, we decided to tell Mark where we were heading.  For one thing, Braeden and Emma made us promise we would video his reaction and for another thing, we wanted to be able to talk excitedly about Disneyland as we drove.

I am not sure the exact reaction I was expecting from him.  Something along the lines of him naming us the best parents in the world and throwing his arms around us and declaring his undying love.

Something like that.

It didn't happen.

He said, "But we can't go to Disneyland without Braeden and Emma!"

We said, "Yes, we can."

He said, "But we don't have tickets."

I told him, "Yes, we do."

Then he asked, "Can we use them later?  Do they have to be today?  I don't want to go without Braeden and Emma."

Then he started to cry.


We assured him that Braeden and Emma already knew our plans and they were excited for him.  (Which was true.  Yes, they wanted to come too but they understood.)

He finally came around to being excited about Disneyland.  Adam and I just looked at each other, mystified.  Do these kids stay up all night trying to think of ways to surprise us?

Walking into Disneyland is always a giddy experience.  I'll never get over it.  We couldn't walk into the main plaza--the one right in front of the castle--because they had it blocked off.  They were filming an episode of Modern Family.

I quickly snapped a picture with my phone (we didn't bring our camera...spent more time having fun and less time photographing it) of Claire (Julie Bowen) and Jay (Ed O'Neill).  They were right there!  At Disneyland.  I wanted to show the picture to Jill.

Here's how it turned out.

A picture of my fingers. You're welcome, Jill.  .
I would have stuck around and tried again to get a better picture but I was at Disneyland!  With two of my four favorite people!

The only thing better than having a (big) 9 year old on your shoulders is to have him stick his thumb in your nose.  Adam hoisted Mark up so he could see the clock display at Small World.

We determined that Mark is not after all King Arthur (but he sincerely tried):


We did manage a few "family" photos:



But mostly it was a lot of Dad and Mark pictures:

As close as I will ever get to the tea cups.


And some Mom and Mark pictures:

Mark told me he'd never had cotton candy.  What kind of mother am I?  I bought him some.



It was a lovely, exhilarating and exhausting day. 

Just like a day at Disneyland should be.

I wouldn't trade my life with anyone.

4 comments:

Olivia Cobian said...

How delightful!!

Marianne said...

I'm surprised you could even get that close to the teacups. I can't wait to go next year (but not to the teacups!)

Janet said...

That is the best reaction ever! If all of Heavenly Father's children loved their siblings as much as Mark loves his--what a wonderful world it would be. :)

Marianne said...

I'm so excited to go to Disneyland, but I'm on Mark's side about his siblings. They are nicer than I would be if I couldn't go to Disneyland. :)

P.S. This is Clarissa.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails