Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

In the meantime

Several years ago when our 10th wedding anniversary was approaching, we wanted to go somewhere on a trip.  Our anniversary is August 4 and we couldn't come up with one place that would be more pleasant than Seattle that time of year.  In an effort to do something that didn't make one bit of sense, we ended up going to St. George, UT and it was hot.

Summer is glorious around here. Summer in Seattle, the days are long and the sun shines and shines.  The sky is uninterrupted brilliant blue, it is never humid and seldom too hot.  Everywhere that isn't blue sky or water is lush green.  It is just wonderful.



But we have to earn it.  (Apparently it takes a lot of gray to get to that blue.)

All over the country, it is getting warm, even hot.  If kids aren't already out of school they will be soon.  Not here.  There's still over a month of school left and while we've had a few days of sunshine lately, we've also had rainy rainy days.

To tide me over until that lovely summer finally arrives, I made a summer to do list yesterday.

(I love a good list.)

I got the idea here.

I got a little input from our kids...you can likely guess Mark was the one who wanted to build a Lego town.  Also, we're not anticipating a trip to Egypt.  A King Tut exhibit is coming to Seattle.


I can make it until summer.  I think I can, I think I can.


2 comments:

Megan said...

I am so doing this! Love it! I have the perfect wall to put it on too.
I think it'd be fun to have my kids make their own for their rooms with goals for the upcoming school year.

Olivia Cobian said...

Nice to-do list. I'll look forward to my invite to your backyard party.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails