Pages

Friday, May 30, 2014

Books I read in May 2014



Mini Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella ***

I always enjoy a little Sophie Kinsella for a lighthearted read.  Her characters are so flawed that you almost don't like them but then they are so likable you don't mind their flaws too much.  Reading Sophie Kinsella is like eating cotton candy.  You can't live on it or eat it that often but every once in a while a little dose is good.



Return to Tradd Street by Karen White ***

More lighthearted fluff.  This is the fourth in a series.  They are ghost stories set in Charleston, South Carolina.  I maybe didn't like this one as much as some of the previous in the series but it was still good.



Seven Daughters and Seven Sons by Barbara Cohen and Bahija Lovejoy ****

I read this book to Mark for school.  It is one of my very favorites I've read to him.  It was about a young girl who went to win her fortune, disguised as a man.  It was romantic and there were parts I skimmed over when reading aloud to Mark but not because it was too inappropriate.  He's just an 11 year old boy...



Someday Someday Maybe by Lauren Graham ***

I love Lauren Graham as an actress and I like her as an author too.  This book is set in New York City in 1995 and is about a young woman trying to become a professional actress.  It was well written with great characters.  The language is a little dicey at times but overall I liked the book.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails