Pages

Monday, May 19, 2014

The birds say good morning

It was a tough weekend, punctuated by a tragic loss for an extended family member.  It's been kind of a tough few weeks for our little family too. 

Without really planning to (but we're soul mates like that so we work in harmony), Adam and I have the insomnia covered.  He has a hard time sleeping for the first part of the night then he passes the baton and I punch my time card and don't sleep in the earliest part of the morning.  (That ceiling isn't going to watch itself!)

I've noticed at about 4:00 a.m., before it's even light, the birds start a vibrant chorus.  They chirp like they're ecstatically happy.

Since the last thing I am that time of day is rational, I started wondering what they could be so thrilled about.  I realized maybe it's just a new day. 

Nothing might be fixed today or even tomorrow, but if the birds are that excited to start a new day, I'll put a smile on too.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

So sorry about the insomnia, but as you say, "That ceiling isn't going to watch itself!" You make me laugh.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails