Pages

Friday, July 11, 2014

Amidst the moth balls

Olivia wondered why I haven't been writing and I said my mind was moth eaten.

I kind of doubt that's technically true...I hope that's not technically true.

Here's something for you Olivia:

I am trying to put random stuff in a random scrapbook and I came upon a pile of things from the trip we took to London.  Emma was just barely nine.  And sassy.

I found this note she apparently gave me on the trip:

Dear Mom,

I need to write this or you'll get yelliosuss.  (I am guessing that's her version of thinking I'd yell at her.  Which I would never do.  Since I'm a perfect mother...)

I don't think you get the whole point of gift shops or you wouldn't disgustedly say, "What would you even do with it?"  Well, do you see how it's "gift-shop" and not "extremely useful thing-shop"?  You must not, or you might let us get stuff, (especially things we buy for others!) with our own money.

Sincerely,

Emma
I started laughing when I found it this afternoon and I went to show Emma.  She laughed too and then she said, "I'm sorry, Mom.  I'm really sorry."

And it's OK.  Because I'd rather have my Emma just the way she is than any other sort of Emma.

Here are my babies on the trip. 
climbing on the lion at Trafalgar Square



They were so little and cute.  Maybe I should have let them buy what they wanted.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

I'm glad you're back. I'm glad Emma was a sassy (and super smart) nine-year old. She's wonderful at any age!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails