Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Highs and lows

The lows:

I woke up feeling anxious.  No reason.  

I came home with a sore throat.  Too much talking.

I went to Walmart on the way home from school and I don't know if there is a worse time to go to Walmart (so busy) or a worse mood to take to Walmart (stick a fork in me and I am done after school).

Mark is sick.  We don't know if he was glutened or what.  He doesn't feel like eating and his blood sugar has been all over the map.  It is wearying to helplessly witness his health struggles.

Dolly Parton passed away.  I don't know if I have ever felt more sad at the passing of someone who 1) I didn't know or 2) isn't a church leader I have loved listening to for years.  I broke the news to my team while we were meeting, because Mark had texted the news.  They were stunned and sad as well.  What a legend!

I had two new students yesterday and I struggled to catch them up while I'm still trying to move everyone along as well.  I had them water color painting their self portraits at my desk while everyone else was doing other stuff and everyone needed me at the same time.  One of the painters spilled his entire cup of water on my desk and guess who is out of paper towels?  (I have put in a custodial request, but here we are.)

The highs:

Kim is back from her vacation and we are going to resume walking today.  I need it!

Every day, no matter what the day throws at me, I have a safe comfortable place to come home to.

Adam isn't halfway around the world, just across the country--makes talking easier.

Megan (the ILC coach) helped me get my students logged into their computers for the first time.

Fuji Apple Clear soda from Walmart is almost worth going to Walmart.  So good!

We had a very productive team meeting yesterday.  It was long and we were scattered all over the place, but at the end, we reached some actual clarity about things that had been percolating in our brains.  Alissa said, "Good sesh."

She wasn't wrong.

Finally, it turns out you can find something on Amazon to help you display the silver mounted bits your dad made you.



2 comments:

Marianne Johnson said...

Look at you! I need to get something to display mine. Did you search for "something to display bits"?

Geri said...

Mark's work is so beautiful.