Marianne called me yesterday to wish me a happy anniversary. We talked about taking a couples trip to Hawaii sometime. I told Mark about it and he said, "That sounds like something I wouldn't be invited to."
He is not wrong.
Not being invited on the trip withstanding, I like having Mark around. It isn't always easy to talk him into things, but it helps if lunch is involved.
Yesterday we went to lunch and then to the Provo Library book sale. His job was to carry books. I also told him I'd buy him whatever he wanted. We had lunch and went to the sale armed with two grocery bags. I filled mine and he put one book in his. (It reminded me of Blueberries for Sal, except I didn't lose him.)
I traded bags with him (after I put his book in the filled bag). There were kids stationed against the wall, reading books while their mothers browsed. After a while, when Mark told me he was finished looking, I directed him to go sit against the wall and he did with the two full bags.
When I finally decided enough was enough, I went to get Mark. Next to him, a woman was sorting through her selections and told her daughter, "I'm going to go put these back." Her daughter asked why and she said, "I looked at the picture of books I have at home and I already own these."
Pro move. I was impressed.
But then Mark carried both of my heavy bags and I felt like that was kind of a pro move too.
When we got home, I stacked the books on the table. The spoils:
The three books on the left were Mark's.
Besides that, we've added yoga to our daily. On the first day, we kept saying, "This is hard," to each other.
I said, "I think I'm dying."
He said, "Yes, me too."
At dinner we told Adam about it and Mark told him, "If you come home and see us both keeled over on the floor, you will know it was from Yoga with Adriene."
We'll get better. You gotta start somewhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment