Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thank You Thank You My Heart Sings

When I was growing up, we kept minutes of our family home evenings. I know, but we did. Because of that we realized that for YEARS we sang I Am Glad For Many Things as a closing song. I think because it was short. Then it became a habit. Sometimes we even launched into a purposefully tuneless round of the song, just for kicks. If my sisters were here now I bet they'd join me in a chorus of the familiar old song. They can't though. I talked to both of them today. They're busy.

Anyway, I am glad for many things.

After my previous pity party post, (don't you love alliteration? Once when Braeden was younger we were driving and listening to They Might Be Giants Here Come the ABCs, the song was Pandas Painting Pictures. We had learned about alliteration that morning in school and I pointed it out to Braeden, "See, this is alliteration." His answer? "What do you mean? The garbage on the side of the road?")

ANYWAY, after my previous post, I was surprised and grateful to get such kind comments from my friends and family encouraging me. Thank you thank you my heart sings. Janet even read the post and called me. She said, "I got the distress signal you sent out. Are you OK?"

With such wonderful people supporting me, how can I be anything but everlastingly OK?

Thank you.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails