Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2009

This Is Getting Ridiculous


I know. I need to stop posting on here.

I just returned from a well child visit with Emma. That girl is a Dahl. Adam pointed out to me after we'd been married awhile that in the Dahl family, a measure of a person coincided with their...um, measure. In other words, the taller the more worthy.

And don't think that doesn't sting a little because I'm the shorty in the family.

Well, Miss Emma grew 4 1/2 inches in the last year and a half. She can't bend her ankle properly our Dr. pointed out because her tendons haven't caught up with the rest of her.

After the Dr. we were going to the library and as we were walking inside, Emma said, "Dr. Dastvan said most people grow 2 inches a year and I grew 4 1/2."

I told her, "Don't get braggy, you didn't do anything to deserve being tall."

(See I'm not over being the shorty in my family with braggy tall siblings.)

She walked buoyantly along, swinging her (long) arms and said, "Maybe I did do something to deserve being tall. Maybe in heaven I did something really, really good."

Yeah. She's a Dahl.




OK, now I'm going to go pack. I'm serious.

3 comments:

Tabor said...

Stand up Thelma. We can't wait to see you and your tall family.

Susie said...

WOW!! Emma sure did have a growth spurt for sure. She might pass you up. She could be a great basketball player. Have a fun trip!!

Melanee said...

Don't worry Thelma, now that there are in-laws in the family I fill the shortest in the family roll. I am going to be shorter than the nieces and nephews soon too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails