Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Indicating Factors




Adam and I are a little bit anglophile. Maybe it started when some of his ancestors took the Mayflower to America and maybe it started when some of my ancestors from Britain settled in New England.

Or maybe it started when before we even watched Masterpiece Theater and BBC television shows on Hulu, before we knew about chicken tikka masala and Marks and Spencer chocolate, we read Winnie the Pooh to each other when we were dating.

If you haven't read it, you need to. If your only view of Winnie the Pooh is the Disney version, that must be corrected!

Recently an authorized sequel to the Winnie the Pooh books was released.

Adam bought it the day it was available and he's been reading it to me.

Last night I snuggled into my covers and remember laughing when Piglet asked Winnie the Pooh if he was sure a thesaurus wasn't a big monster but then I fell asleep.

What's better than falling asleep to words you love being read by one you love?

Speaking of him...

Fifteen years ago today, he kissed me for the first time.

There are a million other things I can't remember but I remember that.

Because nothing's been the same since.


Promise me you'll never forget me because if I thought you would I'd never leave. --Winnie the Pooh

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails