Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

People Are Weird

Yesterday Mark and I went to IKEA.  Next to Adam (who is much more useful for lifting heavy boxes), Mark is my favorite person to go to IKEA with.  We eat meatballs and chocolate cake.  He plays while I shop then he pushes the cart to the parking lot and I caution him 10,000 times not to crash into anything.  I enjoy it.

While we were having lunch, there was a woman in front of us in line with a toddler.  She was asking the little girl what she wanted for lunch.  The little girl pointed to the row of milk bottles and said, "Milk."

The mom said hurriedly, "Oh, no!  That's danger milk.  It's not organic.  Dan-ger."

Then she looked around to make sure she had people observing what a good, organic mother she was and repeated her mantra.  "We don't drink danger milk.  It's not organic."

I am no judge of healthy living.  I would have bought my boy the seemingly poison milk if he'd wanted it but he wanted soda.

I was curious to see what this woman would get her daughter for lunch.  Turns out she got juice, french fries and macaroni and cheese.

(Are we assuming the milk used in the mac and cheese wasn't "danger" milk?)

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Funny story!

Christie said...

That is the most hilarious thing I have heard all day. Thanks for a much-needed laugh.

Olivia Cobian said...

I feed my kids DAN-GER milk daily. Who knew?

JoLyn said...

That's really funny. What we term "danger" around this house--sharp objects used in unintended ways, makeshift stepstools, etc.--would likely kill you a lot faster than non-organic milk.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails