Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

Today I Love

Today I love:

the flying Vs of geese honking their way across the sky

the buzz and general disarray that has returned to our school room

walking to the bus stop to greet Emma in the afternoon

that Braeden thinks middle school is "awesome" including 1) the cute girl in science 2) his discovery of the school library and 3) his beloved band teacher

snuggling under a blanket with Mark to hear him read

how when Braeden plays the baritone it sounds like a sea lion

Adam who has had to deal with a wife who's been possibly a little (hardly noticeable) bit, um...emotional

the fact that on the first day of school, I talked to my dad, my mom twice, both sisters, Janet, Adam's sister and his mom on the phone in addition to a complete rundown sort of walk with Stephanie--could I possibly get more support in this world?

that when Braeden supplied me with (yet another) list of additional school supplies he needed and I said, "OK," he paused and said, "Thanks for all the help you've been to me, Mom."  (Who are you and what have you don't with my favorite self centered teenager?)

And I LOVE that it is Friday.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

All of these things made me happy too. I hope your weekend goes well. Miss you!

Clarissa Johnson said...

That's good. Braeden plays the baritone! So does my friend Emily. That's good that he likes school. I do too.

Gwilliam Fam said...

Not homeschooling the older kiddos? Is this their first year in public school? Call me, call me!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails