Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I've Learned

I've learned that Santa isn't much for encouraging social behavior:

one of Emma's favorite Christmas gifts...

I've learned that I'll do almost anything for my kids if they're sick.  (Don't tell them I said that.)  In the past few days Braeden's been more sick than he's ever been.   I've been to the doctor, pharmacy several times, and grocery store several times.  My boy wanted juice.  Then ice cream.  Then pudding.  Tonight I made eggs and cake for dinner because it was what he wanted.  He laughed last night.  Then he wrestled with Mark a little.  He's feeling better.  I think I'll give him ice cream and pudding and cake to celebrate.

I've learned that Mark will never be one to sign his name without reading the fine print.

Our children gave Adam some Moleskine notebooks for Christmas. We had picked them out as per his specifications.  They were wrapped and under the tree. In the days preceding Christmas, Mark kept a careful accounting of what was under the tree.  He counted and sorted and shook presents.

On Christmas morning, Adam opened the notebooks but first read the tag.  It read:

To: Dad
From: Braeden, Emma and Mark

I asked Mark why he'd crossed his name out.

He said, "Because I didn't know what was in that package."

(He was not about to be held responsible for a questionable gift.)

1 comment:

Marianne said...

That is so hilarious about Mark crossing his name off the tag. What a cute kid. Hyrum is soooo excited to come see him.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails