Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Big News

Last night my parents opened their letter calling them to be missionaries in Nauvoo, Illinois.

They will work as visitor center missionaries, perhaps dressing in historical costumes since it is a place where people go to learn about the history of our church.  My mom will have to figure out how to dress that way.  My dad...won't.

He already does.

He's also hoping to be able to drive teams of horses.  He may decide to never go home.

I am thrilled for them.  I know they'll be wonderful.  I know our family will be blessed by hearing their experiences. 

And I am looking forward to going to Nauvoo to visit them.

3 comments:

Susie said...

That is very very exciting news for your family and parents. They will have the time of their lives serving their.

mindyt/jesst said...

Now this will definitely mean you have to come visit us in St. Louis because we have the biggest airport close to Nauvoo--we are only a 3 hour drive from Nauvoo. Please come see us too! Thats great news for your parents--what a great place to serve their mission! Please come see us! (is that too much begging?) I always read your blogs but never comment--sorry--I hate to comment but I had to use this opportunity to beg. Till I see you in St. Louis. Mindy

JoLyn said...

I'm so happy to hear about your folks. Does this mean your dad gets to grow his facial hair so he can be in character?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails