Pages

Monday, July 31, 2023

Weekend

Friday I cleaned the pantry.  I pulled everything out.  I sorted.  I threw away a bunch of stuff that was expired because it has gluten and we haven't eaten it.  I created categories and put stuff in bins.  I used The Home Edit bins, because they are great.  Actually the whole process was great.  I love organizing.  I'm not as good at keeping things organized, but I'm working on it.

I went to my classroom for my label maker.  Hannah, the new third grade teacher who is an intern, was hard at work in her classroom.  She told me she'd been there all day.  I opened my classroom door and it was kind of a mess.  At the end of the school year, I'd stacked all the furniture on one end of the room.  They'd cleaned the carpet and pushed all the furniture to the other end of the classroom.  It's a jumble.

I'm taking Mark with me this morning to get it set up.  (Clarissa said she'd come too!)  I told him I'd take him to Del Taco for lunch and he was all in.  

It's nice to know someone's currency.

I stopped in Jamie's office and visited.  We told each other about our summers.  We talked about the Barbie movie.  She told me some of the hot gossip at the school.

I love Jamie.

Saturday I did all the chores and also coerced/bullied Emma into going through her closet to get rid of stuff and hanging up all the clothes she brought from her apartment.  Unlike when she was a teenager, she was appreciative.  I said, "See? It's not that hard and didn't take that long."

She said, "It helps to have you lovingly make me do it."

I am task oriented and keen to organize.  Emma writes songs.  Later, she was sewing a patch on her denim jacket.  She said, "I think my pioneer ancestors would be disappointed that I'm not a better seamstress."

I said, "They'd probably be happy you don't have to be."

We are all OK.

I decided to quit reading my book, it's A Week at the Shore by Barbara Delinsky.  It was dragging and boring but I kept reading because there was a mystery I was curious about.  Finally, I decided I wasn't curious enough to persevere.  I was curious enough to try to find out the ending on Goodreads.  Someone always posts spoilers like it's their job.

Sure enough, I found a review and it turned out the big mystery was never solved and everything else just got more convoluted with the unconvincing characters.

I'm glad I quit reading it.

You don't have to be good at everything and you don't have to finish every book you start.

We are all OK.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails