Pages

Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Communication is hard

Yesterday I spent some time in my classroom--and I need to spend a lot more.  It doesn't help that I keep deciding to move stuff around.  I am what I am.

Clarissa and Mark came to help me and we got the desks all situated and I stopped and chatted with my friends and it was a good time.  After they left, I was still doing a few things and I had some stuff to put in my prize box.

It was crawling with ants!  It was kind of horrifying.  At the end of the school year, I had put a few wrapped suckers in it but I guess they weren't wrapped enough.  Also, my prize box is one of those IKEA cardboard boxes with a lid.  I emptied it out and borrowed some ant spray from Miriam and cleaned everything (threw away the suckers!) and I also got rid of the scented crayons because maybe they were appealing to ants?  I am going to trade out the box for an airtight plastic tub with a lid.

When I got home, Mark and Marek were in the basement.  I said, "I had a traumatic ant experience!" (Because I like to exaggerate.)

Mark said, "My aunts are your sisters...."

I explained to him what happened and he didn't give me any degree of empathy but then Marek said, "That sounds terrible."

I thanked him for validating me.

I had told Braeden that I would be home in the afternoon because we wanted a phone conversation.  I was home closer to 2:00 PM so I texted him


My dad had compressed vertebrae in his back earlier this summer and I'm pretty sure I could have caught him then.  I don't know if he's all the way healed, but I'm glad I don't need to worry about him getting away from me.

I talked to Braeden.  He said they had taken a family picture with the Carlson's before they left Utah.  The photographer first of all didn't endear herself to Braeden because she kept referring to him and Mark (Anna's dad) as Handsome as in, "Stand over there, Handsome." Then she made lots of sounds to try to get and keep QE's attention.  QE pointed at the photographer and said, "No no no no no!"

Man, I love that girl!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails