I loved our trip to Chicago. It was beautiful and the architecture and art were amazing and I felt proud of humans in general.
(There was a spate of shootings over the weekend in Chicago and that makes me less proud of humans in general.)
We landed at O'Hare and took the train downtown to where we were staying. We were on the 23rd floor and it would seem like we would have a view of the countryside from that vantage point. We did not. We did have interesting views out the windows though. This was the view out our bedroom window:
The view out one of the living room windows showed Willis Tower (this was on a different rainy day):
We went to the Chicago Cultural Center and admired the architecture. There was a Tiffany glass dome and another glass dome as well.
Everywhere I looked it was just beautiful.
At Millennium Park we took a picture by The Bean, because how can you not?
We walked around the park and came upon a Cancer Survivor Garden. There were plaques with encouragement and I decided that I was doing this very thing:
This is the view looking through the garden from the steps below. The symmetry was stunning.
We walked along the riverfront...
...and ended the evening at Labriola's for deep dish pizza. They didn't have deep dish gluten free pizza, but they had a thin crust pizza that Mark enjoyed. Shannon had told me it was best pizza of her life and it was really really good!
One thing that was the same about pretty much every day of our trip: I fell into bed exhausted!
No comments:
Post a Comment