Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Things That Happened Today

1. Braeden dressed up in Emma's dress up clothes and brought me a piece of paper where he'd written:

Section 8

This guy Clinger is a wacko.


He asked me to sign it so I signed Colonel Potter and told him he can't watch MASH reruns anymore.

2. Mark perfected the art of sliding down the stairs by stuffing a sleeping bag with a pillow and skimming down head first while laying on the sleeping bag. I knew it wouldn't end well. I should have stopped him. One of the triplets was over (I can't tell which). He was at the bottom of the stairs and saw what I heard (Mark tumbling end over end down the stairs). The sleeping bag "toboggan" was still at the top of the stairs. Mark burst into tears and triplet(?) didn't say a word but turned and ran out of the house. I don't think he has a future as an EMT. I picked Mark up and checked him for permanent damage. He said he wanted to lay on his bed. I lay him down and was about to leave the room when he said, "I think I'm OK, I just think I broke a bone."

3. In her "daily dialogue journal" which seems like such a positive upbeat idea in theory, Emma wrote, if not hate mail, to me...strong dislike mail. Complete with frowning faces.

4. At Afly's (where we went for dinner because sometimes you just have to) Mark tripped and fell against an arcade game, inflicting a vicious gash on his side.

5. Oh, and earlier, we went to the dentist. 2 out of 3 children have a cavity. Nothing, no nothing makes me feel like a terrible mother like a dentist visit. On the drive home Braeden (the only one WITHOUT a cavity) said, "I think they mean well, but dentists are really evil at heart". I (agree with him but) said, "Without dentists, our teeth would rot and fall out." Braeden said maybe they put secret stuff on our teeth to MAKE them rot and fall out.

Maybe.

Also maybe I should have followed my first instinct and not gotten out of bed this morning.

1 comment:

DeLong Family Members: said...

Wow...been there. Just told Zach that lunch is one spongebob away... and he understood what I meant. But as of yet, no Clingers or stair-sliding fatalities. However, the day is still young!

Just thought I'd share a "Davis-ism" as we've come to call them. He headed off on a three day fieldtrip to Marin Headlands this morning. I mentioned to him that it was kind of cool that he was the only kid in the whole group who holds the Priesthood. His response, stated very literally, of course, "Yeah, if someone needs bread passed to them." I smiled, dropped him off, and then laughed all the way home. It's good to have a Davis in your family.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails