Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

This weekend

This weekend:

I stewed and fretted about the drama program at Braeden's school.  It's a long story.  And not a very good one.  Who knew drama could be so...dramatic?

I looked for my camera (and didn't find it).

I read this, "This is your home, is it who you want to be?"

I felt ashamed because my home is kind of messy and looks like the home of someone who's been busy with other things.  Like reading a good book.

I read a good book.

I hosted a breakfast for one of my primary classes.

I added another girl to the list of girls my sons could pick from when they decide who to marry.  I am pretty sure they will come to me for the list when they're ready.  That's how it works, right?

I hugged my girl when she got home from girls' camp.

I laughed at my girl when she emerged from a deep nap and couldn't string a sentence together.  Then I felt a little bad for laughing.  Poor tired girl.  Then I thought, She shouldn't have stayed up until 3:00 a.m. just because it was 'the last night' if she didn't want to be so tired.  But I didn't say all that because I'm trying to be a nicer mom.

I'm not sure I'm there yet.  (At the nicer mom destination.)

With raspberries and peaches...don't you love summer and the Olympics and English trifles?


I made an English trifle for the opening ceremonies and was going to make bangers and mash but then couldn't find the potatoes (they were either hiding with my camera somewhere or I didn't actually buy them at the store.)

Adam made bangers and Stove Top stuffing which turned out to be pretty good.

I looked for my camera again.  I found it.

In the balance, a good weekend.  A pretty good life.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails