Pages

Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Grateful

Yesterday was a lot.  For one thing:  inside recess because of rain.  They need recess and I need them to have recess and that is all.

I have a student who is struggling so much with behavior and emotional and social development.  It breaks my heart.

I am grateful for the entire team that is at school to help.

I am grateful we had leftovers and I didn't need to make dinner.  

In more trivial news, I am grateful my Swatch watch is working.  It would work and then stop working indiscriminately and since I bought it in the late 80s, I can't really blame it.  Adam took it to Las Vegas on the off chance he'd be able to take it to the Swatch store for repair and he never had time, but for some reason it now works.  It makes me happy every time I see it.  Maybe it just needed a vacation.

I am grateful for my good parents.  They have been weighing options for my mom's cancer treatment and have been prayerful and sought revelation.  They feel good about their way forward.  My mom is going to get treatment in Carson City and my dad and sisters and I are going to take turns joining her.  We argued briefly about whose car we were going to take when I go.  I want to take Joan and my parents want us to take their car.  We were going back and forth talking about the merits of our cars and I played my best card, that Joan has a heated steering wheel.

My dad said, "Well our car doesn't have that.  But you only need it for three minutes."

I said, "My hands are cold right now.  I need it for more than three minutes."

So I think Joan and I have won.

I am grateful for lists.  Thanksgiving, sub plans, Christmas.  I am list making diligently and I appreciate the soothing way they quiet my brain.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails