Pages

Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Halloween 2023

It is in the books.  It was quite a day.

First some pictures of what one amazing secretary and her willing teacher helpers can accomplish:












We gathered in the library for our traditional teacher picture.  Matt wasn't there right away and when someone said, "Where's Matt?" someone else said, "He's just Ken."

It was delightful all day long.

Tyler wore beige and someone brought a stick horse for him to carry.  When we asked him where his pink was, he grumpily said, "There are more than one type of Ken!"

Someone said, "He obviously didn't see the movie."

The bell rang and we all went to class.  Then Matt got on the loudspeaker and called us all back to the library again because the 4th grade teachers had been doing traffic duty.

So on the most chaotic day of the year, we left our classes for the fastest picture we could muster.  Matt said, "Get to work!  We have children unattended!"

We had the parade, which is always a fun time.  Every time a teacher saw another teacher, we'd say, "Hi Barbie!"

We did school work (sort of).  The shine wore off their costumes.  I'm hot.  This is scratchy.  Teacher, can I take this off?

Do you have clothes on underneath?

In the afternoon we had our party.  Two moms were coming to help.  I volunteered to run a station.  In the past they've either given me a simple activity to do with the students or I come up with one on my own.  I was ready either way. 

Narrator:  she wasn't ready.

The room mom came in with a paint project and brought it to my desk and told me that I was in charge of that.  

I can't even begin to describe the bedlam.

Our Christmas party is going to be watching a movie.

We have specialties the end of the day and while they were at art, I would have just sat and stared at a blank wall, except I had it on pretty good authority they were going to send us home early.  I zipped around my classroom getting everything done that needed doing and when they played Pink from the Barbie movie over the speakers about 45 minutes after the students left, I hit the road!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails